Effective Date: June 10, 2020 – Update 02/15/2023.
We, Ahoiii Entertainment UG, respect the privacy of all individuals who use our mobile applications from the Apple App Store and/or the Google Play Store (hereinafter „App“). Therefore, we would like to inform you about how we use your personal data (which is any data that is personally identifiable to you, e.g. name, address, email address, user behavior).
Fiete was founded with the goal of improving access to quality education for children worldwide. We are firmly committed to providing an educational, entertaining, and safe service for children and parents that meets the highest standards.
Table of contents
1. contact information
2. general information on data processing
3. your rights
4. collection of personal data when using our app
5. recipients of data and data transfer to third countries
1 – Contact information
a) Name and contact options of the responsible party Responsible for data collection, processing and use („data processing“) within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation (DSGVO) is: Ahoiii Entertainment UG, Gilbachstrasse 24, 50762 Cologne, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel:+49 221 16910781
b) Data processing when contacting us 1. When you contact us by e-mail or via a contact form, the data you provide (your e-mail address, name and telephone number, if applicable) will be stored by us in order to answer your questions. We delete the data accruing in this context after the storage is no longer necessary or restrict the processing if there are legal retention obligations.
c) Contact form, if applicable If you use a contact form in our app to send us an inquiry, we require the following information: Email address, name, phone number and company, if applicable. Before sending your request, we need your consent to process the transmitted data in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a DSGVO. Your inquiry including all personal data resulting from it (e.g. IP address, name, inquiry) will be stored and processed by us for the purpose of processing your request. The data we collect will only be used to respond to the request. We delete the data accrued in this context after the storage is no longer necessary or restrict the processing if there are legal obligations to retain data.
d) Data processing when contacting us 2. When using our app, we need your email address so that you can create a user account to use the app. We may use your e-mail address to contact you. Possible here would be a contact for advertising purposes or to perform a satisfaction query. The contact only refers to our own products and your data will not be passed on to third parties for advertising purposes. By checking the box in the app, we receive your consent to process the transmitted data in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a DSGVO. The resulting personal data (email address, name) will be stored and processed by us for the purpose of processing. Your consent can be withdrawn at any time.
e) Other: If we use contracted service providers for individual functions of our offer or would like to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail about the respective processes below. In doing so, we will also state the specified criteria for the storage period.
2 – General information on data processing
We are responsible for the data processing that takes place in the context of the use of this app. Our employees have been obligated to maintain the confidentiality of personal data and have also been sensitized to the special importance of data protection.
You can access, print or download this data protection declaration permanently and at any time at the address https://www.ahoiii.com/datenschutzerklaerung/.
1.Scope of the processing of personal data
The use of the app requires the processing of various information.
2. Legal basis for the processing of personal data.
This processing of your personal data is based on various legal bases. These are presented in the abstract below.
Fulfillment of contract or implementation of pre-contractual measures (Art. 6 para. 1 b)/ § 26 BDSG-Neu):
Processing takes place only to the extent necessary for the exercise and fulfillment of the rights and obligations arising from the contract. Unless expressly stated otherwise, data processing by us will only take place to this extent.
Legitimate interest (Art. 6 para. 1 f)):
Consent (Art. 6 para. 1 a)):
Processing is carried out insofar as you have expressly consented to this on the basis of transparent information about the type and scope of data processing. You can revoke your consent at any time. However, the processing that has taken place up to this point will not be affected by this.
Legal obligation (Art. 6 para. 1 c)):
Processing takes place insofar as it is necessary for the fulfillment of German or European legal obligations.
3. Data deletion and storage period
We delete your personal data as soon as the legal basis for their processing ceases to apply and no legal retention obligations exist. A retention obligation may be provided for if this is regulated by the European or national legislator in ordinances, laws or other regulations to which we are subject.
4. Possibility of objection and elimination
Wherever data processing is based on your consent or a legitimate interest of ours, you have the right to object to the processing at any time. You can contact email@example.com to exercise your right of withdrawal. If you object to processing based on our legitimate interest, we may still continue processing if we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for processing that override your interests, their rights and freedoms.
3 – Your rights
If personal data of yours is processed by us, you are a data subject within the meaning of Art. 4 (1) DS-GVO. Therefore, you are entitled to the following rights regarding the personal data concerning you:
– Right to information according to Art. 15 DS-GVO,
– Right to rectification or erasure according to Art. 16 and Art. 17 DS-GVO,
– Right to restriction of processing according to Art. 18 DS-GVO,
– Right to object to processing Art. 21 DS-GVO,
– Right to data portability according to Art. 20 DS-GVO,
– Right to revoke the declaration of consent under data protection law according to Art. 7 (3) DS-GVO.
As a user of our website and app, you are not subject to automated decision-making within the meaning of Art. 22 DS-GVO. If you do not agree with the way we process your data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Furthermore, pursuant to Art. 77 DS-GVO, you have the right to file a complaint with the supervisory authority responsible for you and your concerns near your place of residence.
4 – Collection of personal data when using our app.
a) Collection of personal data
Bemi downloading the mobile app, the required information is transferred to the App Store (Apple) or Play Store (by Google). We have no influence on this data collection and are not responsible for it. We process the data only to the extent necessary to download the mobile app to your mobile device.
If you want to use the full scope of our app, you must register as a user. For this purpose, you have the option of setting up a user account with us. This serves the purpose of enabling you to access our service, improve our product and develop new products.
If you wish to set up a password-protected user account with us, we require the following information from you:
– a valid e-mail address
– Player name (this does not have to be the real name. It can be changed in the app at any time)
– Year of birth („Parental Gate“ is not stored).
In addition, you may need to provide a password of your own choosing to set up a user account. Together with your e-mail address or your user name, this password enables access to your user account. In your user account, you can view and change your stored data at any time.
When using the mobile app, we collect the personal data described below to enable the use of the functions. If you would like to use our mobile app, we collect the following data, which is technically necessary for us to offer you the functions of our mobile app and to ensure stability and security (legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. b DS-GVO):
– User identification (e.g., an account ID).
– IP address
– Date and time of requests
– Content of the request (specific page view or activity)
– Access status/HTTP status code
– amount of data transferred in each case
– Language (so-called locale)
– Device identification and information
– Operating system and version
– Furthermore, we may collect the following data when forwarding to the app in order to enable users to use it comfortably:
– Website from which the user was redirected to the app (referrer)
– Request parameters (e.g. authentication code or campaign IDs)
– Usage data generated during the use of the app (e.g. app sessions, session duration, app interactions, badges won, points collected, exercises performed) are not collected by us and remain solely on the respective device.
The processing of your personal data takes place upon your request and is necessary for the aforementioned purposes for the use of our products and thus for the fulfillment of the contract and pre-contractual measures according to Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. b DSGVO or due to legitimate interests according to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO, which are always weighed against your interests.
The personal data collected by this app will be stored until you request us to delete it, revoke your consent to store it, or the purpose for storing the data no longer applies, unless we are obligated to store it for a longer period of time pursuant to Article 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. c DSGVO due to tax and commercial law retention and documentation obligations (from HGB, StGB or AO) or you have consented to the storage beyond this pursuant to Article 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. a DSGVO. This is subject to deviating or more specific information within this data protection declaration.
b) Objection or revocation against the processing of your data.
If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, you may revoke it at any time. Such revocation will affect the permissibility of the processing of your personal data after you have expressed it to us.
Insofar as we base the processing of your personal data on the balance of interests, you may object to the processing. This is the case if the processing is not necessary, in particular, for the performance of a contract with you, which is presented by us in each case in the description of the functions. In the event of your justified objection, we will examine the factual situation and either discontinue or adapt the data processing or show you our compelling reasons worthy of protection on the basis of which we will continue the processing. Of course, you can object to the processing of your personal data for advertising purposes at any time. You can inform us of your advertising objection using the following contact details: email@example.com
5 – Recipients of data and data transfer to third countries
a) Recipients of data
The personal data that we collect from you in the context of the app will only be transmitted with processors involved in data processing on the basis of a valid agreement on commissioning.
b) Data transfer to third countries
The personal data that we collect from you within the scope of the App is generally not transferred to third countries outside the European Economic Area.
However, when using the following apps, data may be transmitted to third countries:
– Mailchimp (newsletter), if applicable.
– Unity 3D (error diagnosis, anonymized analysis data for apps).
– Revenue Cat
– Google Firebase (analytics data for websites)
– Google Analytics
– Google Cloud Storage
You can find the specific details on data transfer in this data protection declaration at the respective points of the individual functions.
6 – Access rights of our app
In order to provide our service via the app, we require the following access rights, which allow us to access certain functions of your device:
– Internet connection
– Audio playback
– Push notifications, if applicable
Android devices have a default setting that push notifications are automatically enabled. This default setting can be revoked during the registration process and at any time in the app in the profile under „Settings“. Apple devices have the default setting that push messages are automatically disabled, should you wish to receive push messages, please enable this feature here in the profile under „Settings“.
– If applicable, Vibrate (for push notifications).
The data processing of your personal data takes place on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. b DSGVO for the fulfillment of the contract for the use of our app. In addition, the processing is carried out on the basis of our legitimate interests according to Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f DSGVO. Our interests arise as legitimate in the sense of the aforementioned provision and follow from the purposes for data processing listed above.
We exclusively advertise our own products in our products. In our apps, your child is protected by a safeguard (parental gate) of these links.
Google Cloud Storage
Google Cloud Storage is a cloud-based storage service that we use to store and retrieve files and data securely in the cloud. The service is part of the Google Cloud Platform and provides secure storage for all types of data. We do not store any personal data here, only data that is necessary for the app to function.
Analysis tools/ Tracking tools
The tracking measures listed below and used by us are carried out on the basis of Article 6 (1) sentence 1 f) DSGVO. With the tracking measures used, we want to ensure a needs-based design and the ongoing optimization of our website or our mobile applications.
On the other hand, we use the tracking measures to statistically record the use of our website or our mobile applications and to evaluate them for the purpose of optimizing our offer for you. These interests are considered legitimate in the sense of the aforementioned provision. The respective data processing purposes and data categories can be found in the corresponding tracking tools.
Google Analytics is a free web analytics service provided by Google that allows us to collect information about visitors to our website or application. The tool provides insights into website or app performance, user usage, and the effectiveness of marketing activities. Google Analytics collects anonymized data from users by default by truncating users‘ IP addresses to prevent users from being identified.
Google Analytics collects the following data we work with:
– Behavioral data: Google Analytics collects information about users‘ behavior on the website or app, such as the number of page views, dwell time, bounce rate, devices and operating systems used, as well as what actions were taken on the website or app.
The collection and use of your IP address by Google Analytics can be objected to at any time with effect for the future. To do this, you have the option of installing a browser plug-in provided by Google. The plug-in and more detailed information can be found on the Google website at http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
The privacy statements for this service can be found here:
RevenueCat is a platform that allows us to integrate in-app subscriptions and other revenue streams into our mobile apps. The platform provides a set of tools and services that help us with subscription management, pricing, and analytics. The data collected is used to improve the platform and tools and to provide us with insights into user interaction with our apps and subscriptions.
RevenueCat collects various data to analyze and improve the use of the Platform. This includes, for example:
– Usage Data: RevenueCat collects information about usage of the Platform, including the number of integrations, number of users, and revenue generated through the Platform.
– Device Data: RevenueCat also collects data about the devices on which apps are run, including device platform, operating system, and hardware configuration.
– User data: RevenueCat may also collect information about App users, including their email addresses and payment information, as necessary for subscription management.
– Subscription Data: If in-app subscriptions are used in the Apps, RevenueCat may collect data about the subscriptions, including subscription types, prices, terms, and the number of subscribers.
– Analytics Data: RevenueCat can also provide data analytics tools to give developers insights into user interaction with their apps and subscriptions.
In doing so, RevenueCat is careful to comply with applicable data protection laws and has taken appropriate measures to ensure data security.
Unity3D is a development platform for creating 2D and 3D games, simulations and other interactive applications. The platform provides us, as developers, with a comprehensive set of tools and resources to create games and applications quickly and effectively.
Unity3D collects various anonymized data to analyze and improve the use of the platform.
This includes, for example:
– Usage data: Unity3D collects information about the use of the Platform, including the types of applications created, the features and tools used, and the number of users.
– Device data: Unity3D also collects data about the devices on which the applications are run, including the device platform, operating system, and hardware configuration.
– Usage behavior: Unity3D may also collect information about how users interact with the applications it creates, including behavior patterns and frequency of use.
– Error messages: When errors occur in the applications, Unity3D can collect data to identify and resolve the cause of the error.
– Analytics data: Unity3D may also provide data analytics tools to provide developers with insights into user interaction with the applications.
AppsFlyer is a mobile attribution and marketing analytics platform that allows us, as app developers and marketers, to track and optimize the performance of our mobile marketing campaigns.
The platform allows us to measure install sources, in-app events, and engagement data for mobile apps on various platforms such as iOS and Android. This helps us measure and optimize the success of our campaigns by providing insights into user interaction of our apps and ads.
AppsFlyer collects anonymized data to enable mobile attribution and marketing analytics capabilities.
– Installation data: AppsFlyer collects data about users‘ installation of the app to determine the origin of the installation and the campaign that contributed to the installation.
– In-App Event Data: The platform also collects data on user activity within the app, including the number of views, purchases and other in-app actions of interest to developers and marketers.
– User Data: AppsFlyer collects data about users, including device information, IP addresses, and other demographic data.
– Campaign data: The platform also collects data about marketing campaigns, including the ad platform, target audience, and campaign time period.
– Analytics data: AppsFlyer also provides data analytics tools to give developers and marketers insights into the performance of their mobile marketing campaigns and app performance.
Google Firebase is a mobile and web development platform that provides us, as developers, with a set of tools and services to build and run custom apps.
Firebase includes a variety of tools that help us build, run and improve mobile apps and web applications. Some of the key features include: Authentication, Cloud Storage, Remote Configuration, Performance Monitoring and Analytics.
Firebase collects data from users to provide these features. The type of data collected depends on the type of features used. Some of the data that is collected by Firebase is:
– User Data: Firebase collects basic user data such as device information, operating system versions, and geographic location information.
– Usage Information: Firebase collects application usage information such as session duration, screen views, in-app purchases, and other interactions users have with the application.
Firebase may collect both anonymized and personalized data. It depends on the type of data that is collected by the application. Firebase allows us as developers to create custom events and parameters to collect more detailed information, such as custom events and custom user attributes.